Sunday, August 29, 2004

The Theatre Of My Mind

I strut across the stage
in the the theater of my mind
and present the best of shows
of the most awarded kind.

As I go thru my antics
and present to you the wow
all I can expect is a clap
when it's time to take my bow.

In each of the acts
a new chapter is surely told.
From tales of youthful exuberance
thru today as I grow old.

Spellbound may not be the word
you'll rate my acting skills
but by the time I get to the end
you'll be racked in chills and thrills.

You'll sit in stunned capacity
from joy thru love's decay
and watch in sheer amazement
as I bring you thru today.

As the show winds down
I hope you'll all be kind
feel a bit of entertainment
from the theatre of my mind.

Del Cano August 27, 2004
Get IP

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Take a bow, sir
'tis excellent as you know
this parody of theatre
is nothing but a show

Your depth and perception
impossible to waste
that brilliant mind awandering
gives new meaning to term: taste

So, take a bow, sir
'tis excellent as you know
your prose is as brilliant as you are
this magic write of flow.

Hugs!
Chris