Sunday, August 1, 2004

O Love

O precious one! Dost thou know
your presence is the reason I am?
You are the answer my soul craved
when plunged deeply in abyss;
Shadowing emptiness and pain
from the darkest of hours, though
mine eyes be blinded, my heart
saw the tiniest twinkle in the distance.

And as I began to believe, thou had not
forsaken me, the light grew well-ordered;
O, my beloved, you, the light of my soul,
burst forward from the miniscule twinkle
to a magnificent shower of stars.
As you, "an instrument of rhapsody",
ever cloaked in the sweetest of song,
and lay before me, ev'r more inviting.

Your presence ravishes, long vanished day
the deepest of my senses and singing
a song which mellows more each time.
Your kisses pluck strings, ever exhaustless
and You, my deep ocean of love, hath saved me;
I can do no less than utter these murmurings
perhaps shout, O LOVE! Sweet foliage exalted!

Might we, hand in hand, dance and twirl,
before the heavens, singing of the joy!
And spread love to every corner of all worlds,
prepared to fly, following the moon?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's beautiful...but I believe unfinished?  Or is it?  You tell me.

Hugs!  
Chris

Anonymous said...

You take hold of my hand
and lead me places far away
never once has there ever been
any one that so makes me want to stay.
I used to walk alone, oft to proclaim
this is what I want, I wish to forever be
until the day when you walked in
and gave cause, a reason for me to see,
life without the love you give
just wasn't in the stars for me.