Thursday, August 26, 2004

So Happy, Child


Date: Sunday, March 30, 2003 1:21 PM

So Happy, child

If all the grief I am to have
would only come today,
I am so happy I believe
they'd laugh and go away.

If all the joys I am to have
would only come today
methinks they'd find a place
and they'd beg me to stay.

If all the sadness and the joy
could only have a bout,
it would surely be neutral fight
for they'd cancel each other out.

Then I'd have total peace;
not even one bad day.
I could coast thru all my time
along life's mysterious way.


 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nooo...you wouldn't want to coast...life's griefs are what shape us and make us the people we are...  If we just coasted then what kind of person would you be?  Think on it...nice wish...but wouldn't want my own life to be that way...

Hugs,
Chris