Sunday, August 29, 2004

For Naught

I cannot take issue
with one thing you said
so to keep it real
my heart too has bled
for so many of us
still running, racing
trying to catch the bus
to the utopian spot
seeking answers to
what it is you got
and soon as the going
hits a bit of a snag
hell, they out again
waving like an old rag
dashing away to
who knows where
but where ever finding
not a damn thing there
and so I keep on thinking
just like a song's refrain
whatever I do seems
just so much more in vain
cause too many are just
too shallow to really see
that what they seek
is never going to be
as long as they run
to what they have sought
its a shame to say
but its all been for naught.

 

(In reponse to Regina's poem of the

same name.) 

Del Cano 2004

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...made me think for a minute, yet I agree...  You do speak in tongues at times, my friend, yet 'tis the poetic tongue that resounds in one's soul....

Hugs!
Chris

Anonymous said...

Tis naught for me to care
what others may say or do
for I'm sure they could never bear
the truth in completely loving you.

Every road has it's little winding turns
and when it rains some do play in the mud
but my heart for you does but always yearn
begging for the contentment of a cow chewing her cud.