Saturday, August 14, 2004

My Rose Of Many Colors

I planted a root stock last year
a tender stalk wavered in the rain
young leaves dangled for a while
almost felt it had been in vain.

As I pruned the other roses
noticed this one began to stand
took a firm grip in the soil
strong, as if holding God's hand.

Working in the garden one day
humming as I have so often
felt I heard a harmonizing tune
but as I approached, it softened.

Again and again the new rose
showed itself to be a special one
standing out to a beaming glow
as if it had been chosen by the sun.

Now, to my amazement and joy
this rose is like none of the others
daily I see different hues and shades
It is " My Rose of Many Colors".

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A mere reflection of you, dear poet...special.

Hugs!
Chris

Anonymous said...

A rose of many colors
may at times have thorns to bear,
but if you give it tender love
and keep it safe in bitter storms
one day you will wake to fine
just how beautiful a rose can be.