Sunday, August 15, 2004

By Day I Shall Be Well Again

Come to me in my dreams and then
by day I shall be well again.
For then the night will more than pay
for hopeless longing of the day.

Come, as thou came'st a thousand times,
a messenger from radiant climes
and smile my new world and be
as kind to others as to me.

Come at first nightfall and smile
upon a moment for just a while.
Bringing with you times to remember
like our childhood in December.

My days I fill with busy tasks
to help these hours go by fast.
But when I lay me down to sleep
I call upon that "dream" I keep.

For then the night will more than pay
for hopeless longing of the day.
Come to me in my dreams, and then -
BY DAY I SHALL WELL AGAIN.

Del Cano 1982 May

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sweetness and longing....a sad, heartfelt write.  I love it...

Hugs!
Chris