Friday, August 27, 2004

I'm So Tired

When she said, "I'm tired",
I thought a nap might give her rest.
What I'm now able to see
she'd given the world her best.
Years past, doc said,
"your heart doesn't work quite right.
Could be today or tomorrow-
perhaps even tonight."
Time came -then went
she continued her daily tasks.
Mom made us all wonder
how much longer she might last.
She nursed and cared for dad
as only she was able to.
After we buried him, mom said,
"there's nothing more to do."
It's strange how all of us
seem not able to know
when life's deeds are completed
it's then time for us to go.
Mom knew what I refused to see-
she'd given all there was to give.
As she said, "being so tired--
there's just no reason left to live."

Edited on November 30th, 2002
DelCano  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

*Nodding*  Understood this one clear, dear friend...and it is well done...

Hugs!
Chris

Anonymous said...

Spencer, this is one of the best.......Made me miss my Mom and long to touch her hand tell her I love her