Tuesday, August 17, 2004

Serenity Of Spring

Oh, blossoms of sweet scented thought;
as I stand amidst this brilliance
of Spring, you burst from the hide
A tempting foray of luscious hues.
The blue jay tweeting its’ song
while the robin pulls on the worm
and more life rises from the garden
anew, with a touch from the creator.

I stand in awe focused on the rose,
the violets, tulips, pansies and lilies
all massaging the soul to a crescendo.
Its’ orchestrations, the “epitome of serenity”,
sing a peaceful fulfillment of passion’s desire.
And as I stand here leaning on my rake;
debris from winter’s nap surrounds and helps
me welcome the Serenity of Spring!

:exclaim:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A lovely garden, obviously well tended and nurtured....wonderful!

Hugs!
Chris

Anonymous said...

How wonderful is springtime.  The smell of rich dirt, little flowers showing their faces.   amd your poem is wonderful.  I stand in awe of your words .