Sunday, August 29, 2004

Climax

Liken myself to an artist
in preparation for the chore
and gently caress every spot
before stepping back on the floor.

Making sure my hands move slowly
As to not miss the slightest flaw
My aim is to leave you satisfied,
Breathless and better yet, in awe.

Sometimes in the heat of the task
things might get quite bare.
My senses, which take notes,
force my eyes to linger there.

Cause you are so very special
must give the best I’ve got.
Though I’ve done it so often before
what remains is still a lot.

My efforts are never taken lightly.
I work hard to keep it up to a point
of not letting you down or failing to
satisfy that sensitive space in the joint. 
 
Ahhh, I feel the end to be near.
Can relax now-the climax falls.
I am your friendly house painter
Who just completed your walls.

Del Cano 2003 January

 


 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Paint me yellow with happiness,
red with harvested passion
blue for Spring's golden day,
or rainbow just for fashion..
Whatever the color,
'tis perfect in my eyes
for you are the true artist
just as talented as is wise....

Hugs!
Chris

Anonymous said...

Gently putting this you did
as if to relax a new young lass
making sure she;s certain
you love her till the last.

A kind and friendly painter
knows his work so well
and now it's clear you're the master
for those walls did quietly fall.

~Tania