Tuesday, August 17, 2004

In the Quiet Of My Recall I Spent A Magic Yarn

In the quiet of my recall
of pleasant days yet gone;
In the visions of my mind
I spent a magic yarn.

My eyes saw the moments
of times I wish for now;
of glances and smiles so sweet
causing wrinkles on my brow.

The chattering of children at play
rebounding throughout the house.
I saw that summer's noon
when you became my spouse.

Memories of so many trips
we took from year to year.
In the quiet of my recall
those memories rang so clear.

I still see you brush your hair
as you stroll across the floor
but wise I be to face the truth
I'll visit those times no more.

I wallow in your soothing moves
how fluid they always are
when I met with a failing day
you raised me back to par.

Of many things I'd like to frame
and see them kept alive;
one could say your softness
really ought to survive.

There were so many scenes
aglow with candles rays.
Intimate moments, webbed deep
in my memories of gone-by days.

Some moments remembered
that seemed so far away
yet in the magic of my yarn
they appeared like yesterday.

Of purchasing yellow roses;
the pointsetta stains on the table
carried my mind back, years
making me jealous "I'm" not able.

Respending many years can be
a wonderous time in thought
though pleasant sights can become
a bit of sorrow I've bought.

Yet, in my days of solitude
I need peace at evening thru dawn
thats why in the quiet of recall
I spent this magic yarn.

Del Cano 1982, May

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely, and not - those memories.  But a wonderfully felt yarn of memories, softly romantic and bittersweet.  *Sigh*  Quietly lovely!

Hugs!
Chris

Anonymous said...

I wish that I could but only know
what it is that disturbes your soul
trust me, if only you felt free to share
I could understand and still always be near