Sunday, August 15, 2004

In The Solitude of My Mind

In the solitude of my mind
I escape from prying eyes
those who attempt to reshape
change me to otherwise.

I just have trouble grasping
how, even after they praise
the desire to modify my thinking
is brought forward, raised.

I resist those prying eyes
wonder the purpose of it
plastic smiles and grins
restless to a fault, never sit.

If I am to be praised as I am
why is there a wish to change
I see no steady continuity
just oddities and quite strange.

I remain a self thinker
is that the trouble they find
then I shall keep it inside
stay in the solitude of my mind.

DelCano 2004 August

 

 

 

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I beg that you would be to me
at least this gentle and kind,
as to open up your wise ol self,
and let me join you in the
solitude of your mind.