Friday, August 27, 2004

I Took A Winding Route

I Took A Winding Route

I took a winding route
to arrive where I am today
and hit every stop sign
along that crooked way.

I stumbled on every crack
and sometimes fell on my face
but I stand today, proudly,
with not a bit of lasting disgrace.

You see, I fought for every inch
and struggled with each decision.
Jumped all the hurdles presented
so I could try to live my vision.

Planned and saved for tomorrow
but the yesterdays ate up my kitty.
So I keep right on keeping on
at this life that has no pity.

But I am sure this late in the game
as I continue with life's bout
somewhere along the path
the winding road will straighten out.

Posted on October 13th, 2003

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Taking the winding route is always the best...lessons are learned...whereas if you took the straight route, imagine all the things that you would've missed!

Hugs!
Chris