Saturday, August 28, 2004

Move The Line

Your words ring in mind
as I think of being so near.
Me, concerned about that line
you told me to have no fear.

On the outside I stood
peeping in at your soul
to get closer if I could
needing to be more bold.

You said, not to worry
you are passionate to a fault.
My feet dragging but in hurry
to reach the passion I sought.

Push me. Don't hold back
jump on in with a line or two.
I found you are what I lacked
the passion stoked by you.

Hold nothing back, poet lady
I enjoy every tid bit you say.
Can even be a little shady
just toss a verse over my way.

Poetry is passion at its best
thru your eyes I love to see.
I read lots of it from the rest
but yours place me in reverie.

Touch me,  jar my senses
criticise, share adulation
tear down all the fences
maximise my satiation.

I want to be on the inside
touching fibers of passion
take me for a joyful ride
in your tantelizing fashion.

Move the line away from here
neither of us need know it.
My aim is to get closer, nearer
so we both be a better poet.

Del Cano 2004 August

 

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sweet, needing not to cross the line ... when that's your sole aim. Looking in from an outside can be painful, but it may save a heart or two. Beautifully written Spencer.

Anonymous said...

Cross that line, my friend!  I dare you!  I double dog, triple dog dare you!  Poetry is passion is life!  Go for it!!!!

Hugs!
Chris

Anonymous said...

You say that you want my passion.
That you feel it more than the rest.
You imply I am in some competition
needing somehow to end up the best.

Love does not come with guarantees.
You can not push it to where it should be.
It must be allowed to blossom and bloom.
When full grown, indeed is a beautiful garden to see.