Sunday, August 15, 2004

My Angel In Disguise

I met a lovely young lady

a most sweet and caring soul;

more appreciative to life

than many who are quite old.

She was much more respectful

than many we thought to be wise

and beamed so much kindness

seemed to be an angel in disguise.

Oh, I couldn't help but care

I must tell you all the truth.

Her intellect far exceeded

the obviousness of her youth.

Of all the many lives

I do pass from time to time

I am thankful for my angel

and that she could even be mine.

She makes me feel so blessed

I'm admired through youthful eyes.

I am so glad to have her with me

 

Del Cano 2003 April

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whomever your angel is, I am sure that she feels just as blessed to be with you...you are a wonderful person.  And this is a singularly sweet write, my friend.

Hugs!
Chris

Anonymous said...

this is beautiful, dear spence ... very very classy ... i see you watching someone from a distance and wearing their aura like a crown, your eyes wear it well, my friend

sue

Anonymous said...

If I could be so bold, I think that you should add a final line:

So thankful to finally realize.

Not meaning to step on your toes, after all who am I to even start to think that I could improve upon your writes, you are the best.