Sunday, August 15, 2004

Just A Little Dribble

After buying my supplies
and many cups of coffee
planned to stop at the gas mart;
the need was rising awfully.

Noticed it as soon as I got in.
The sign read, "Out of Order".
Carefully, I got back in the van
and had to drive a bit farther.

When I was at the next stop
another problem was facing me.
Seems the door was firmly locked
someone drove off with the key.

Ah, there's a QT not far away.
My problem is solved, I thought.
When I noticed the pipes on the floor
progress came to a sudden halt.

The situation was nearly critical.
Things were about to be out of hand.
From desperation I remembered
the bucket in the back of the van.

Wow! Finally! Such a sigh of relief!
Barely, as the last dribble was done
the doors suddenly flew open-
two cops staring with a pointed gun.

They had been duly misinformed
searching for a robbery suspect.
After some explaining for a while
finally got my deserved respect.

This unnecessary frustration
which today, fell upon me
was one hell of an experience
as result of my need to pee.

Go ahead, laugh. Have your fun
I hate so much to spoil it.
But in my van tomorrow
I surely will install a toilet.
:rollin 

Del Cano 2003

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL!  Commode or not to commode...that is the question...whether 'tis nobler in the sight of man to pee or not....LOL!

TOO FUNNY!  Got a visual that must be kept in the dark recesses of my mind...ah what an inspirational piece that is!  LOL!

Fun write, my friend!

Hugs!
Chris