Tuesday, November 2, 2004

Nothin Left In Me But Tears

I've seen what you saw and more
spent the last twenty plus years
fighting hard to help open the door
but all I got left in me are tears.

From morning till late at night
it filled the most of our days
made every effort to make it right
but the masses walk in a daze.

Mama, making excuses for him
daddy don't even know bout home
at times the little ones mimic them
if it ever was hope seems to be gone.

Too much living on the edge of life
accepting wrong just as a regular norm
men stop making women their wife
get together and brew a heavy storm.

I could go on and on. You know the drill
not much my brown eyes miss in fears
seems the most serious thoughts are thrills
I aint got nothing left in me but tears.

In response to Browned Eyed Blues by Nu Eshe
 :goodpost:

Del Cano 2004  November

No comments: