Thursday, November 11, 2004

No Nursing Home In My Future

No nursing home in my future
book me on a long term trip
to last for the rest of my days
on a Princess Cruise Line ship.  

The average nursing home
cost about $200.00 per day
the long term fare on the ship
is barely half the cost I'd say.  

Now, look at this real close
on the ship if I get really sick
they have doctors to attend
at the home it's a major trick.  

On the cruise you got endless
recreation and many games
the home presents nothing
even near bout the same.  

Meals? Endless fare
The home may not even cook
imagine eating in luxury
or calling room service to book.  

Another fantastic advantage
people will rarely be a bore
see every couple weeks or so
we'll get new folks by the score.  

Let me cruise the world
in splendor and revalry
Visit the best of ports
sailing round endlessly.  

You know, there's even
room service every day
no laundry to concern
that's wonderful, I'd say.  

Now, give it some thought
a movement is about to start
I'm gonna get a crowd of us
to thrill the sailing heart.  

No nursing home in my future
pack my bags to set sail.
Gonna ride the wavy blue seas
never let life get stale.  

Del Cano 2004  October
   

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful view that makes you look forward to old age.  I, myself, have never wanted to be stuck in a nursing home, because they are notorious for the lack of caring given to the elderly.  I think the suggestion you made here is well worth saving up for.  I thoroughly enjoyed this Spencer.  A great write.

Anonymous said...

Sounds marvelous to me. It is a perfect way to celebrate to live out our remaining golden years...celebrating life. Awesome read Spencer!