Saturday, November 27, 2004

Poetry Castle

Ah, the Castle doors creek slowly
opening to a wide array of verse
no matter what your fair is to be
it surely shall quench your thirst.

I find meals fully being served
since you know I am a glutton
I wallow round the table endlessly
till I gotta loosen my shirt button.

Another thing bout that house
so damn much joy and grace
seems to linger within its walls
oh, I've learned to love that place.

I can strut down its halls
and peep behind any door
finding love poetry, pain too
even at times a bit of folklore.

I get inspiration. Elation strums
the tunes of my soul's core.
No matter how long I stay there
I always return to get more.

Another thing bout this place
I learned to love real good
is that folks treat you with respect
like real friends really should.

So, if anyone wondered bout me
I'm telling you now, with no hastle
I'll be hanging round a long time
at this place called "Poetry Castle".

Del Cano 2004

 

 

 


 

No comments: