Saturday, November 27, 2004

Why I Write Poetry

I write poems which help you
to reach and touch a feeling
sometimes just a word or two
can start your heart to reeling

And for myself I write just
for gratification and pleasure
to create or maybe raise
a thought from its leisure.

I write poetry cause it feels
so good shaping a thought
exploring senses and minds
to see what I have wrought
  
I can take a trip to places
no other has ventured to go
sail the high seas or fly off
to London, Nigeria or Tokyo

All I need do is start a word
maybe it will take a  phrase
to start a journey of joy 
which leaves all in a daze.

I've made love all over
danced in exotic places
consumed a variety of food
put smiles on many faces.

I write poetry to tell a tale
to sing a special love song
wallow in the deepest of lust
making sure you come along.

I create verses which may
make you cry from pain
perhaps laugh up a storm
then I start all over again.

I love to explore the years
or the season's special glow
each and every creation
comes from my heart's flow.

So enjoy raising passion
kissing all the hidden spots
outlining her with my tongue
damn I love lovin a lots.

It doesn't matter the topic
I can go there and use my wit
stir up a political argument
write words to make you forgit.

Sometimes I punctuate
real good like a scholar
other writes are a mess
causing word nuts to holla.

For me, I get so much joy
from creations I bring to life
it releaves stress of everyday
and makes me void of strife.

So, now you know why
I write the words I do
to bring happiness for me
as well as joy to you.

Del Cano 2004 November

 


 

No comments: