Sunday, November 28, 2004

Appathy

I recognize not the face

Nor even know their name

I guarantee the outcome

Will surely be the same

 

They come one by one

To fetch a favor from you

Cause there is dire need

To get a dollar or two.

 

Yet each time I offer

To take them for some work

There comes many an excuse

and think me but a jerk.

 

Yet I keep trying to change

The wrong which I see

And try to make a difference

within  our community.

 

But each time that you

Succumb to the motley fool

And purchase what he’s selling

You break the golden rule.

 

What you seem to forget

Each time you buy his deal

Is that you may be his next victim

From whom he chose to steal.

 

If  you only think a bit

You could bring it to a halt

Cause every time he steals

You carry some of the fault

 

It makes me really sad

To see how weak we are

To allow this degradation

To continue on so far.   

 

I have not need to recognize

The face nor even the name

If we do not change our  ways

The outcome remains the same.

 

Del Cano 2003

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Truth in your words as well as anger....change the world; shout it out!

Hugs,
Chris