Saturday, November 27, 2004

Thinking 'Bout Sippin

I may be selfish but between
a thousand details to a day
and stuff I can't seem to forget
you always appear that way.
Maybe you peeped my Nautica
or my closet for the cashmere
wore it on the porch this morning
sipping coffee wishing you'd be here.

Odds are the world knows not
just how I'd love to sip your brew
Inhaling each whiff of coffee brings on
that "now knowing" aroma of you.
My mind finds comfort in our sharing
and the constant churning or yearning
raises the bar to a level of desire
barely below the heat of burning.

I harbor a bit of concern to speak
bout the nicities you bear by being
just who you are and what to me
though you have trouble in seeing
I sit, mug in hand, awash in your glow
sipping, smiling like a playful pup
my morning brew sweet and hot
mentations of slurp but not from a cup.

Del Cano 

 

No comments: