Saturday, November 27, 2004

If I Were The Words

If I were the words
which bound me to you
I'd speak more clearly
you'd know what to do.

If I were the image you saw
when you envisioned love
I'd frame a view of the moment
cast it up to heaven above.

But reality says clearly you
need me more as your friend
than the lover you've craved
ever since from the very begin.

I have ridden the rocky roads
the paths you took high and low
but never once did I falter
with the places you chose to go.

We've shared more than we should
I stay right close by your side
the panting gets sort of crazy
as I see you trying out a new ride.

You rant and rave so easily
I hate to see your pain and hurt
yet not once did you see me
beyond the realm of just a flirt.

But I think its time you see
in all your travels and quest
you keep stepping over me
looking for a better happiness.

I have stroked your heart
when another tore it to bits
grabbed you before you fell
from the pain and trauma of it.

Said what you needed to hear
though my heart knew it a lie
anything to just be near
the favor of your needing eye.

I think it's more than time
to bring this charade to a halt
make you understand my feelings
steadily growing with out a fault.

While you have looked afar
often too many miles away
what you craved the most
is what I always needed to say.

You don't need the drama
and the public humiliation too
I can safely say, in my words
I am the one who really loves you.

If I were the words
which bound you to me
I'd love and cherish you
from here to eternity.

Del Cano 2004

 

 

 

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think it's more than time
to bring this charade to a halt
make you understand my feelings
steadily growing with out a fault.

Please I am begging you
bring this charade to a halt
tell me what is only true
and with you I'll hold no fault.