Thursday, November 4, 2004

Just Lie To Me Tonight

Just lie to me tonight
I don't want to be alone.
Pretend you knew me when.
Sing me any old love song.

Reach and touch me
give my passions vent.
Air out the hidden lust
you got my full consent.

Baby, just tell me a lie
anything I need to hear.
Raise the fervor inside
cause my body to sear.

See the smoldering "I am"
passion's latent brew.
Need not know your name
I'm right here with you.

Baby, tell me all the lies
you can create right now
Need to be held and cuddled
touched to the point of wow.
 
Just lie to me tonight
I don't want to be alone.
Treat me like I'm special
sing me any old love song.

Del Cano 2004 November

 

 

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Spencer,
This poem is as you allways prove to be breath taking.
Pardon my spelling I am going it allone this time.
I am glad you sent me your page because now I feel I know you.
And consider you a freind.
I am going to enjoy reading the rest.
I picked this one because I am a blues fan and one of my favorite songs is called lie to me. stay in touch spencer
Dana . aka. scittler . aka. happybutterfl34@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

I understand the feelings conveyed in this poem completely...sometimes you just need to feel the warmth and comfort of another. Loneliness can be hellish!

PD (passionsdaughter)

Anonymous said...

Ah. I have been this girl, more times than I like to remember.  <sigh>

I like this poem; I always like when a poet can put words down that express emotion perfectly...and you did, just that.  Thank you.