Saturday, November 27, 2004

Lonesome In A Crowd

Though I had a house full
of relatives and friends
something seemed a mist
all day at my wits ends

Oh, there was a joyous time
overeating and telling lies
listening to tales of the year
while nibbling on the pies

I was not really with it
flashed smiles all day long
inside I felt down and low
mulling over you being gone

Felt lonesome even tho
I kept a house full of folk
laughing and enjoying the spirit
often felt as if I would choke

Being lonesome is sad
even with a crowd around
and not even one voice
gave me that familiar sound

I put on my happy face
chatted along with the gang
my my no matter what goes on
missing you is a lonesome thang.

DelCano 2004 November

 


 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know this place...
hope it's pssed you by!