Thursday, October 14, 2004

My Weakness For You

I have jumped from a plane
into a firefight in the war.
Floated down  a raging river
neither of those left this scar.

I have escaped from tornados
outrun a bear's hungry pursuit
but nothing compares to the pain
when you gave me the boot.

Not even being shipwrecked
nor a crumbling building's fall
compares to the way I felt
as you said, "Spencer, thats all."

The sudden onslaught of hurt
which gripped me like a vise
knocked me way off balance
with you being cold as ice.

I wished to run aimlessly
shout and cry to the hilt.
Feelings of abandonment
nearly killed what was built.

My weakness for you
outweighs the biggest pain
though sorrow still touches
maybe proving I'm insane.

I don't care bout the thought
nor the down the road outcome.
Today, right now, I need you
love me, hold me, give me some.

Make me no promises
say nothing I need to hear.
Just hold me, touch me, "lie"
please whisper in my ear.

If it sounds like mud
so be it my dear lady.
My cravings for you
are clear, nothing shady.

I don't have an answer
and at this time don't care.
Just let me massage you
let my fingers in your hair.

Just let me touch you
so my body gets to quiver.
The longing is beyond words
for the lovin you deliver.

Let me be your love slave
I'll crawl up to your door.
Treat me with disdain
I'll crave more and more.

Thoughts of losing "all" of you
beyond what my mind could take.
Sacrificing my heart is small
in comparison, for heavens sake.

Sure, will be rocky sometimes
and I know I ought to be first
in watching out for trouble
but I can't get over this thirst.

What am I saying for you to hear?
Please don't take away all of you
at least allow me some bits of joy
before you do whatever you do.

If you must leave me alone
do it gradually sort of slip by slip.
So I will have time to disengage
from needing your mouth, your lip.

Need some time in the decline
to gradually turn the churning
down, down and reduce the fire
to stop and dab out the burning.

Do you hear what I am saying?
My weakness is just too great
to let you go just now and run
too used to the power you satiate.

I cannot my self believe the words
they are from deep within my heart.
This point don't care what I've heard
just can't stand for us to part.

I inhale you in each breath
taste you every time I eat.
Thoughts bout lovin you
thrill me from head to my feet.

I see you in my shower
as we bathe in loving bliss.
Am smothered in my dreams
making heaven less than this.

Walking round the house
you pop up in my sight.
Reach to touch you yet
fail though try as I might.

Crazy? Out of sorts?
Does it matter in reality?
Woman, can't you tell by now
I need you in its totality?

You, an expanse of passion
a blessing got bestowed
out weighs proper reasoning
to hell with who knows.

Can I make it any clearer
I still want you today, now?
Got enough room for love
to bury the crap with the plow.

Sure there are questions
they pop up all the time.
Wonder with whom you shared us
who spread that hurtful grime.

Even as I warned you
of those who would try
to kill our love and destroy
the gleaming in your eye.

Still you fell for the bull
without even speaking to me
Went all the way ape
before reality could see.

I forgive you the terror
you stuck into my soul
long as I've a piece of you
my love will not grow cold.

Del Cano 2004 October 14


 

 

 

 


 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hear your anger and love in this formidable write.  Awesome you are in your determination....and loving.  *Sigh*  Lucky lady she is!

Hugs,
Chris