Monday, October 18, 2004

"WE" Know Little Of Romance?

Some say we who have lived
in more than a decade or two
don't know about real love
like the youngsters seem to do .

Well, I've got something to say
 'bout the so called affection I see
Dancing, at least what there is
is even a long ways from me.

I can't believe one can feel
an iota of joy without a touch.
Her hand on my shoulder
in a dance, enhances it so much.

The thrill of a long stare
as her eyes are fixed on my face
the songs dangle us thru history
as we sway in revelry and grace.

Looking at her beaming
hair fixed just for my thrill
our moves are slower now
but so tantelizing still.

Cheerfully in silver-leafed years
sharing our history as we dance
how in hell can youngsters feel
"WE" know little of romance?

Del Cano 2004 October

 

 

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the question here...do you have the answer?

Hugs,
Chris