Sunday, September 26, 2004

Reflections

I've spent a lot of time reflecting
about the situation I find I am in.
Walked thru the park and stared
at the ripples in the lake. Grinned
saw your face smiling at me
thru the shimmers of the water
and froze a smile on my face
at you, universal daughter,
a blend of hellfire and love
causing eruptions to start
fluttering all thru my body
and even, I think, my heart
skipped a beat and stuttered.
I was in a bad way at the park
walking round the placid lake
with blue jays and even a lark
mocking me, singing tunes
the same ones I hear you sing
making me leave the lake
frustrated with that bell ring
I hear when you touch me
in your very special way
making me forget that I
was there on that Saturday
to reflect on our relationship
and future positions to try
when we reach that point
when stars shine in my eye
and you turn to a guiding light
which directs my every thought
short circuits the whole of me
or maybe a need I've wrought
but no matter the situation
I long to massage you still
reach into that fire you brew
with a feel that I always will.
 
Have a blessed day. So much for reflections.
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, so much for reflections...or did you see something within yourself reflecting outwards perhaps?  *Grins*  Thoughtful provoking free-verse....and I love it!

Hugs,
Chris