Monday, September 6, 2004

I Respond

To whom might you speak
to say love is but a mar
yet how can you talk of it
if you stand back so far.

If you fail to join the ranks
and bid love its' just due
then marriage could only be
a hindrance unto you.

Yet, if you are truly devoted
love surely will come to pass
and if it grows to marriage
you must work to make last.

Too often marriage fails
cause we deal from shallow emotion
rather than being totally sincere
to foster the deepest of devotion.

For me, no greater honor exist
than to stand proud and purr
and let the whole world know
that I am in love with her.

I cannot place a value
for all the blessings that unfold.
I'll SHOUT from the highest mountain
to make sure my story of love is told.

Del Cano January 4th, 2003

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You don't have to shout...your own commitment is a testimony to your love.  *Sigh*  

Hugs,
Chris