Monday, September 6, 2004

Standing Alone

Standing Alone

Sometimes I hear them scream
and complain about what's wrong
but each time I step out to help
I end up standing alone.

I mind not being out front
in solving problems in the hood
but every now and then, it seems,
others could be where I've stood.

Too often there is an attempt
to lay blame at others feet
yet they know I'll mediate fairly
no matter the obstacles I meet.

Today, the situation is the same
I'm again working on what's wrong
but it really is wearing me down
standing out here all alone.

Posted on February 5th, 2003
Total poems on Poets Corner: 41
E-mail DelCano :: 2 comments : email poem : print poem :: Learn To Read

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Such is the life of a lone activist....but with your voice and your pen you are never alone...

Hugs,
Chris