Monday, June 21, 2004

I Walk

I walk in parts of the city
a familiar aroma blankets
heavily thru that area and
hangs
suspended
like a cloud of fog
meeting pleasant memories
not unlike passing
a bakery
pre dawn.

I stroll thru the park
feel the whisper
of the soft breeze
from the rustling of trees
kissed by the mouth of the softest
light wind, touching the leaves.
The incense of jasmine
dangles just at nose level
and the rising crescendo
of garden fragrances
strum at guitar strings
strung deep
within my heart
I then must
abandon the park.

That last meal
we shared
the night before the
morning
of  your departure
lingers in my mouth
but not nearly as vivid
as that last kiss
the one at the dock
which still lights
my taste buds.

I can not walk, stroll or eat
without a recall of you.
The
delicious flavors of you.
:)

del Cano

 


.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Spices they are plenty,
life it has them all,
without one that pleases your soul,
taste is just a memory to recall.