Saturday, July 23, 2005

You Are

You are the crème in my coffee
The butter on my bread.
You are the dressing on my salad
the main thought in my head.

You are the whole meal
And even the dessert.
You are the soothing balm
When my joints start to hurt.

You are the comb
I pass through my hair.
You are the fire
That burns down there.

You are the need
Which always fulfills.
You are my warmth
When I feel a chill.

You are the giver
When I need a little shove
You are the woman
Who provides my love.

You are the inspiration
When I get down low.
You are the rescue
When I need a place to go.

You are the smile
When the world is a frown.
You are the uplift
When my heart is down.

So, doesn't it make sense
There's nothing left to do
There's not a damn thing else for me
But to keep on loving you.

Del Cano 2005








1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you spread your love in the form of butter, sweet, sweet man !!  your love is abounding ... luvvin' your friendship and how you share !!  *hugs to pieces*

sue