Sunday, July 24, 2005

Someone Wrote Of You

Oh, but had you looked
you might have seen
someone wrote of you
within a joyous gleam
 
and when the mail was answered
to speak of isles in the sea
the writer was so sleepy
he dosed right off on thee
 
tho the words got scrambled
with thoughts of a Midnight Chat
they were just attempting
to tell her where its at
 
Weaving twixt thoughts
of soaring beyond the skies
words danced to the heavens
before  twas realized
 
No offense intended
sweet and lingering thought
portioned in the frame
of all the joy you've brought
 
Tenderness of verses
I soak within and claim
massage myself with them
as if they had my name
 
From lack of fulfillment
the need to take a trip
sails me to islands of the sea
love dripping from each lip
 
When the waves do subside
soul cleaned and not too shady
I return to the daily grind
and read of Master Poet Lady
 
Del Cano 2005 February
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This one is really good...Sandi