Sunday, July 3, 2005

A Balladeer Is Lost

 

A balladeer beyond the norm
he sung of love's best touch.
No less than a sparkling voice
I loved his songs so much.

He spoke both good and bad
where love dared to grow
and sung soothing melodies
so easy to learn to know.

Ever struggling with his weight
as well diabetes a clamber too.
He suffered a massive stroke
which racked his body thru.

I can only say to you
a great balladeer is lost.
We mourn his death and miss
soulfoul, "Luther  Vandross".

Del Cano 2005 July
 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello again.... I was saddened when I heard the news of his passing. I loved his music. The first time I heard his voice on the radio I had to go out and buy his CD's. I recently bought his CD "Dance With My Father". I played it earlier and it makes me sad to think he is gone forever. His spirit still lingers with us in his music though. We will all miss him a great deal. I certainly will miss that no more music will come from such a great singer as him...

Anonymous said...

I meant poem.

Anonymous said...

ah......Charley and I have been listening to the CD with Dance with my Father over and over.  Oddly enough we started before he passed about a month or two ago.

Great poet.