Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Standing In A Daze

Standing with mind in a daze
how some people live their lives.
Rubbing me the wrong way
yet, never do they apologize.
 

As I drive my way to where ever
trash from the car in front blows.
The lack of signals to tell us
what you're doing, no one knows.
 

Standing with mind in a daze
terrorized by your lack of care.
Cell at ear, yelling at child in back
ignore driving as you comb hair.
 

Major intersections, a zoo
accousted with multi begging cups.
Each in turn has a tale of woe
which so easily erupts.
 

Standing with mind in a daze
ignoring children's needs.
Families racked with pain
as each soul begins to bleed.
  

Narry a thought arises
as wayward minds float
in an absence of consideration
they rise with ignorant bloat.
 

Standing with mind in a daze
viewing the horror of dumb.
Belittling the grace of society
is making me awefully numb.
 

Where did we drop off reality
and allow this terrible mar.
We gave up on "Love thy neighbor"
and in its place a nasty scar.
 

Standing with mind in a daze
not coping with these frivilous ways.
Call me old fashion or out of touch
I loathe these heathonist days.
 

Awash in the stench of appathy
no one accepts the blame.
Just sue anyone who dares
to even mention their name.
 

Standing with mind in a daze
a catastrophy to address.
Lacking the lasting energy
have worn out all my best.
 

So forlon I feel in it
a spiraling circus pit.
Not only venting
but writing till I quit.
 

Del Cano 2005 July  
           
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You hit it on the nail.  Said it nicer than I do as well.  ;)
Dawn