Thursday, August 18, 2005

A Trying Time

A heartfelt response for all the comments and emails of love and support from my entry:

My Fantasy and Reality

A Trying Time

My emotions just now
seem to sail the skies
most times thru the day
I feel tears in my eyes.

This most recent set back
the fire at my home
has pulled at my senses
till I want to just moan

Tho always emotional
I don't broadcast pain
try to stall it out
till it moves on again

This time was too much
had to share the load
and the whole of the trip
that our life rode 

To all of you who shared
I bid you love and peace
for you have cloaked me
in a quilt of release

You have reduced this pain
this yoke which I bare
to allow me to get life
back on its proper square.

Tho there is lots to do
I can still see day light
shining, peeping thru
sunrays in the night.

So, please accept our
both Judy's and mine
sincerest thanks and love
in this, a trying time.

Del Cano 2005 August

 

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

While proper and heartfelt,
Your thanks are not needed

For here in your poetry
Your kindness is heeded

In the fire and blur that make up your life
Turn to your Judy, your soul mate,
Your wife

Give her the love and then in return
Allow her to bask in your eyes as they burn

We are all watching and filling our hearts
With the love that your prose in your entries impart

Take THIS from us and go on your way
The knowing that we are with you each day.

Celeste  Http://journals.aol.com/gdireneoe/thedailies

Anonymous said...

Man I have so been out of the loop! I am sorry to hear Spencer! Thank you for your kind words! After all this and you still manage to find the perfect blend of words and sound...amazing!