Saturday, August 6, 2005

I Wanna Make Love Country Style

I got to go back down South
if but just for a little while
I wanna make love again
in that ole country style.

I wanna make love

out in the field
near a bale of hay
the only shield
in the heat of the day

Oh, I wanna make love

down by the stream
water singing the blues
as the wind whistles a tune
sailing on our country cruise

I wanna make love

so I can see the stars
out under the trees
where lady moon
is peeping thru the leaves

Oh, my, my, I wanna make love

with that ole country gal
take off them seeing glasses
so I can hold her real close
taste them lips, pure malasses

I gotta go back down South
sometime soon fo I die
so I can make love wild and free
out under that open sky

I wanna make love in the country
see the birds slip for a while
hear the rustling reeds
while making love country style.

Del Cano 2005 Aug 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh gosh, me too, spence!!  you make it sound so carefree and yummy right down to the core !!

luvvin' your thoughts, writes, talent and your friendship !!

luv ya much,

sue

Anonymous said...

Good evening...I am back from another trip.

This poem is.....filled with images. This poem is perfectly written. I want to linger in the words and the sights that the words show to me. I can feel the words you write as I read. I want to jump into this poem. This poem takes my breath away and leaves me......wanting more.

Anonymous said...

I can hear Howlin` Wolf!
Wonderful.
V

Anonymous said...

Spencer - I love this beautiful "Song of the South."