Tuesday, August 30, 2005

By Sue with titles of Spencer's Poems

hiya, sweet spence!  how are you doing?  how's judy and the house coming along?  i do hope that you're both surviving these trying times, and, knowing you, you surely are ;) ... *hugs*   so, listen, amy wrote to me and wanted me to participate in a special "poetry for spencer" group write that she put together ... well, i'm not good at being a "groupie" ;) , so, instead of writing something for her little venture, i decided to do something just special for you ... yes, i have NOOOO problem whatsoever if you post it in your journal, but this is done as an "I love your friendship" thing ... this poem was created by YOU (unless, you wish to call this a collab between you and i ;) ) !  i thumbed thru your poems and created a poem using your titles, with no extra words added ... this is for you, my friend:  

Midnight Overture

When did you leave heaven, my angel in disguise?
What doth the hither say? Where do angels go to die?
Caught heaven in my net, as if you were a dream.
Might I call you comfort, where webs of dreams are spun?
Might I request a stroll by the lake after midnight?
Standing in a daze, from this mountaintop,
moon harbors mysteries, comforter of love, history's breath.
Butterflies at the door, "Sweet Liberty" uttered in heavenly voice,
Beyond the limits, as if you were a dream.
Come out and play, come play with me,
beyond the rainbow, flower of my life.
Certainly I would, you touch my soul,
trace my secret garden of peace, serenity of youth,
flakes of flames, you light my fire.
Tears washed out, seasons change.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much, Sue. Tis an honor you took the time to put this together. I posted your entire Email so others could see not only how you create but to understand that tho you love people an share that your sense of direction is your own. Appreciate it highly.
Spencer

Anonymous said...

Holy cow Spencer...could you have said it any better?...wait...you did, only not all together like this.  Bravo Sue...ya cheater. ;)  C.  http://journals.aol.com/gdireneoe/thedailies

Anonymous said...

well, well, well, dear spence, glad to see your surprise ;) ... it was quite fun putting it together, as i read each one of the poems by it's selected title ... you are sooo precious, my friend ... thank you for sharing the reason for planting the ENTIRE email in here lol ... i looked at it and said "hey!  that's the WHOLE thing!" lol  you're A-okay in my book, and never forget it ...

cheater, 'eh, celeste?! well, i oughtta ... alright, get the gloves out lol ;) ... you always make me laugh!

sue

Anonymous said...

wow...your friend Sue is creative! :-)
Gem :-)