Tuesday, May 24, 2005

My Lover Is Like A Fruit Tree

By DelCano and Naia
 
 
My lover is like a fruit tree
giving up some most juicy
tidbits and with the slightest
of a squeeze I get all goosey.

I serve him up a plate of pears
each sliced to perfection
then lick the juice from 'pon his chin
as he makes his next selection.



She even flows flavorfully
at times when we just kiss.
Of course I love her and
now her juices I so miss.

His mouth cups mine, a perfect fit
his tongue a spear of sweet mango
I savor the taste 'pon my lover's breath
and swoon to his honeyed tango.



Been out of touch for a day
or so and my cup is dry.
Need the flow of her fruits
tasty to my mouth and eye.

The sweet elixir of love he offers
with desire I drink from his cup
Ne'er full nor empty, the river flows
as from fruitful tree we sup.



At times she puts on a show
makes me flow like tree sap.
Leaves me rocking and reeling
making my heart jump and clap.

Our volley is playful, it echos the night
until with the look of intent
he swoops and engulfs me with savorous want
then lifts me, winged Cupid's ascent.



But nothins better than
how she loves me so free
Sweet juices flow in mass
just like from a fruit tree.

I serve him up a bowl of red cherries
each fully ripe and tender
he bids me lay 'neath fruited tree
and partake of heaven's splendor.



 
 
Del Cano 2005 May

Naia, May 23, 2005

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Spencer

these were all so wonderful. You have such a talent for poetry, I wish I had half your creative prose. Sigh.

Always, Carly :)

http://journals.aol.com/ondinemonet/Ellipsis

http://journals.aol.com/azurewillow/EllipsisTheBlueWillowGallery

Anonymous said...

Spencer and Naia

I just had to come back and leave another comment for Naia. I should have also said in my comment how very poignant the poems BOTH of you write. You two are a winning team to be sure. I am impressed with what I read here, but more then anything, I am touched deeply by how gentle and calming your poems are. True beauty in a harsh world. I never  feel sad after I spend a few minutes here. Naia, you have a beautiful soul...one can see it in your written words.

Always, Carly

Anonymous said...

Hi thought I needed to pay a visit, now I'm really glad I did.  The two of you writing the ying & yang of it all.....thrills my soul.  It's like you have both put words to a silent music that just flows....love it...Sandi