Saturday, May 21, 2005

Baying At The Moon

Of course I could bay at the moon
perhaps stroll the paths of tomorrow
yesterday tells you all of the facts
from time yet to come with sorrow

Knowing each bit of eternity's way
data I found whilst visiting a future noon
no happenstance the trails I walked
I found myself baying at the moon

A fishing expedition lead me there
Canadian geese accompanied me
with rod and reel in hand, bait in tow
tipped the wooded path comfortably

could hear the river's flow whispering,
"come, bring thy sorrow and rinse it
fully cleanse to the marrow of the bone
go forth to tell the tale." I sensed it.

I saw tomorrow on yesterday's view
today never appeared to my senses
not once was I exposed to the now
or was I blind to the cost, the expenses

Tho paid my dues in full; receipt in hand
the last stance taken before life had strewn
every ounce of the fibers of my heart around
leaving me nothing but to bay at the moon.
 
Del Cano 2004 December

No comments: