Sunday, May 1, 2005

I Love Me Some You

You are the breath I take
daily sustenance as well
you are the reason I am "Me"
I'm trying so hard to tell.

 

Words fail as I try to say
just how much you are
my everything; my world
my whole universe, by far.

 

I strain in my dribbles
to find expressions
to match the feelings
for these confessions.
Cause everything I do
I do with you in mind
you fill me all the way up
you're the keeping kind.

 

I get so overwrought
thinking bout you, dear
I just shudder all over
knowing you are near.

 

Sometimes I feel like a cry
happiness oozing about
feeling the joyousness
drives me to a shout.

 

Mercy, mercy, you thrill
your presence is a gem
Some might laugh at us
but I ignore all of them.

 

To hell with the jealous ones
and the non-and believers too
ain't nothing they can say
to make me stop loving you.

 

Woman, I love me some you
as time passes it even grows
where it all comes from
don't think anyone knows.

 

Look at you and see tomorrow
if there is any future left to be
you are the future like you've been
every bit of life's past to me.

 

I give thanks cause you're mine
and sing praises to the Most High
I'm blessed, been blessed
I wave my hands up to the sky.

 

Whatever it is you've got
I want every little drop of it
The way you soar my soul
I pray you never come to quit.

 

Oh my, my, love me some you
and crave you all day long
everyday, all day thru time
as you sing to me a love song.

 

Your smile beams a light
brings so much joy to my heart
strikes a loving chord of hope
that we never, never will part.

 

I love me some you
Del Cano 2005 May
 
 

 




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can relate well with the wonder and joy of this painting of words.  I soooo enjoy your expressions.  They are truly breath taking.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Spencer...

Anonymous said...

Spencer,
These are some powerful words!!!!!
She's a very lucky lady!!!

Ms PScott

Anonymous said...

No matter how my day might go
I never am adverse
To visiting your journal
For a sweetly rhyming verse.

That's the best I can do... lol!  But I really do like this one, full of romance and feeling.  :)  Looking forward to more!

~Dawn