Tuesday, March 8, 2005

Telling You Now

Have I told you about it yet
you are the honey in my tea
the warmth in the morning
wrapping all around me.

Have I said to you
you bring simple pleasure
a relief of strife and pain
good, by any measure.

That you add to me reasons
to freely face life's ire
and even stoke the embers
of passion's building fire.

Have I said to you
I am glad to have you near
Simplistic words, I know
but I do hold you dear.

I just had to tell you
in case I missed somehow.
So, if you hadn't heard it before
I am telling you right now.

Del Cano 2005 March

   http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxdm41448US  http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxdm41448US 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are words any woman would love to hear.

Anonymous said...

That touch of sweet has you romantic mushy, dear Spencer, but 'tis a loving sweet.....and pure magic!  This is lovely!

Hugs,
Chris

Anonymous said...

Shall I?

Shall I pour thee another cup of tea?
I'll sweeten it with special elixir,
serve it up on a tray of hope
with white rose glow, love's luster.

Shall I measure thee such goodness
as beams from thine own heart?
Thou has brought love in lilting notes
like song from the throat of a lark.

Shall I stoke the flames that warm us
as winter nods to spring?
Gather kindling with me, love
as we light this heated dream.

Shall I fly to thee on wings of down
and draw thee to my breast?
What ever words we choose, we'll speak,
leave silent all the rest.

Shall I whisper soft and low tonight
in pictures that enter thy soul?
The sounds thine heart can ne'er mistake
I too hold thee dear, mine own.

-Naia, March 2005
What an inspiration you are, Spencer!