Friday, March 4, 2005

Heaping Love

You poured me a helping
of your tremendous drink.
Flooded my soul to the rim
even quicker than a wink.

In just one instant
you filled my thirst.
Stretched the seams
till they nearly  burst.

Placed me on your wave
atop your vast ocean
of sensual delicacies
like a soothing potion.

You poured on me one
mighty good heaping
serving of love's desire
ready for the keeping.

Now, as I seek my balance
as if hit by an ocean mist
my heart's rocked to its core
from the power of your kiss.

Del Cano 2005 March

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love, passion and water. It's amazing how they can combine to make such beautiful words.
Rebecca

Anonymous said...

Your cup runneth over, dear Spencer, as your pen gathers the touch of blossoming heart flowers.....love this!

Hugs,
Chris

Anonymous said...

"Unrestrained"


It seems ill conceived to consider
a kiss that transcends time and space,
or a soft touch upon my shoulder
by fingers I can't see or taste.


It's hard to describe your presence
when nothing around can be heard,
yet all I need do is close my eyes
to feel your sensual words.


You speak of balance -- I wonder,
can it be truly sought or attained?
Perhaps the wave just keeps surging
as we crest each peak unrestrained.


Naia, March 2005