Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Caught Heaven In My Net

Maybe
when I am so old
and feeble
and have trouble
holding a pen
or punching keys
on a PC
I'll consider
publishing.
Till then
just let me sit
in my jon boat
on the river or a lake
and while fishing
and looking at nature
I'll see
and write poetry
and drop dead
in my poetic haven.

Got to be
on the waters,
one of the most
sensual of places.
Got to have it surround me.
Its like being hugged by God
as well as nature.
The soft hum of the waters
stirs my soul
brings a peace
no other place can do;
the rustling of the trees
and the swaying grass
spark up a tune
no orchestra can play
and not the sweetest
of a soprano voice
can mimic the songs
of the waters.
Even if I catch
not one fish
I caught heaven
in my net.
I breathe a sigh
of soft surrender
and thru all the hell
life puts us thru
it renews my spirit
and lifts me
to a joyful level

I have yet to find....
elsewhere.

Del Cano 2005 March
from my chat with Siren
 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a lovely entry!  Thank you for taking me to the water; I felt God's embrace and it was enjoyable.
Best,
Judith

Anonymous said...

Spencer,

Enjoyed this peaceful romp through nature.. twas lovely!

Hugs dear one!

Silvia

Anonymous said...

I've already told you, but I love this write.  I'm not one that likes to fish, but the way you describe it; surely I must be missing something, because it sounds like Heaven to me too.

Always enjoy your work,
Diane (Siren)