Thursday, March 17, 2005

Happy Tears

Like a door being opened
after being stuck for years
you stepped in, touched me
while I cried happy tears.  

I let them tumble down freely
cascading from the tip of my lips
like a mighty waterfall rolling
or like big city news clips.  

Yes, behind the closed door
my heart had been hidden
packed away like a dowry
to which love was forbidden.  

You are the sunshine
the stars, Lady Moon
The clear blue sky
my midnight swoon.  

You are that ocean wave
rolling in from infinity
planting kisses galore
with not a taste of salinity.  

You are the masseuse 
with comforting fingers.
The flavor of love I taste
as your presence lingers.  

You are the potion
brewed strictly for a king
pouring out your royalties
the best of any Queen.  

I sigh from total pleasure
at the radiance you glow.
Just the knowledge of you
keeps me craving you so.  

Baby, you opened that door
tossed out my hidden fears.
Embraced me in your love
can't help but cry happy tears.  

 Del Cano 2005 March  

No comments: