Thursday, March 24, 2005

Let Me Apologize

I owe you an apology
I have been using you.
Your journal has been
a hidden secret I do.  

I waltz my butt there
and soak in your soul.
Gobble you like a meal
or a snack thats been stole.  

I wallow in your vibes
shed the harbored strife.
Taking when I leave
some ease for my life.  

Rambling thru your words
a mentally renewing fling.
Hell, I find parallels
as I read your sharing.  

After a day of pits
a deep crevice or chasm
"In the Shadow of the Iris" 
soothes my mental spasm.  

Like a trip thru a garden
I tote baskets thru the flowers.
Pick the lovely blossoms
then steal away in late hours.  

Fodder for my writes;
poems of joy and love
seem to swell up in me
as if from God above.
 
I owe you an apology
rarely leave a comment.
Run back to my PC
'fore words can ferment.  

Watching you cast your line
with grace targeting a fish.
I share the swoons with you
in preparation for a dish.  

You put on display
the trappings of the day.
Pour out freely many words
I really had to say.  

Let me apologize
for using you to improve
and for puttin my heart
in such a peaceful groove.  

Del Cano 2005 March    For Rebbeca and her journal "In the Shadow
of the Iris"
http://journals.aol.com/justaname4me2/InTheShadowOfTheIris  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I humbly thank you for this. If I may say, this is the first poem ever written to me, for me.........ever. As you know a romantic of words I am, it's almost perplexed me over my lifetime why no one has ever taken the time to touch me in such a way. So I thank you, for I will print this, and always remember the first poem written to me.
Rebecca