Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Together In My Dreams

I stumbled on you then
light years ago it seems
with every horizon I pretend
we're together in my dreams.

Days collect like dust
till I close my eyes to see
those times that we were us
at the verge of eternity.

Weeks fade out of view
time simply lost its appeal
even yesterday has no clue
dreams are my only for real.

When I go to sleep I try
to recover what used to be
remaining a twinkle in my eye
I crave you desperately.

All my attempts have failed
to put you in memory's bin
yet you remain and prevail
like a blessed haunting sin.

Never had such lustful needs
feelings bursting out loud
you planted rows of seeds
now seems to reach a cloud

I exist thru days of longing
every night my body screams
begging to still be belonging
but I'll see you in my dreams.

Del Cano 2004 December
 

 

 

 

 

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Another touching beautiful entry............the concept of time is something I ponder alot. Have I lost it, or is it still on my side. I'm always walking parrellal with it, because of a lost love of mine. I see him out there, but know time is slowly slipping away........
Rebecca

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! I love this one...it really spoke to me. Awesome work.