Monday, December 13, 2004

I Have Enjoyed All of You I Can Stand

I have enjoyed all of you
every bit of you I can stand
as I strut from your presence
let my heart strike up the band

Oh, I can sing a song of relief
sigh a huge breathless roar
damn near dancing with joy
while I stroll out the door

Your demeanor, too much
too far out from my heart
your selfishness overwhelming
part of what drove us apart

How can you turn your back
on those needing a helping hand
woman, I have enjoyed all of you
every bit of you I can stand.

Every time I stepped up
to share the fruits of my soul
your wanton lust for power
so quickly grew old.

You were hired to assist us
to build this company fast
yet your twisted thoughts
would not allow it to last

I'm going to lunch right now
get some help if you can
clean out your desk and leave
I've enjoyed all of you I can stand.

Del Cano 2004 December
 

 

No comments: