Sunday, December 5, 2004

Same Ole Refrain

Spent the better part
of days gone yesterday
tripping over thoughts
seeming to grow by day

and each vivid memory
but a desired thought
a way to say can't forget
the joy you brought

I trip off the ladders
damn near fall on my face
waved at you yesterday
not a soul in the place

You seem to be deep
within the fiberous fold
every part of me shudders
though I'm not even cold

I just be dammed
must be cursed again
just keep singing
this same old refrain

Keep trying to pull away
and wash you out of me
but I think I know now
if ever, a long time will be

whatever you used
is good stuff, you know
my mind pulls one way, to
but my heart goes fro

When I see you I cry
want to touch you again
one day I hope to God
can stop singing this refrain   

Del Cano 2004 December

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This ghostie that you find mayhaps within your brain
touches a soulful soft spot wishing to take away your pain
A loving soul you are and one so very true
mayhap the ghostie's heart broke somewhat just like you...

Always you inspire me....

Hugs,
chris