Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Conversation On A Diet

At times she seems to drift
steps out from us and into quite
she seems distant and aloof
like conversations on a diet.

No warning. No argument
just wandered away from me
Yet I hang on to the desires
and to her presence faithfully.

At first I wanted to rant
but decided I'd just wait
to see if she wanders back
on some nearby date.

Knowing troubles she faces
the coming changes in her life
though I do still crave her
don't want to add to her strife.

But I am beginning to wonder
she's keeping me out of her web
just dangling on the exterior
as her emotions rise and ebb

Is this a way to push me out
with not even a mild rift
wandering off away from me
hoping my heart will drift.

I don't hear from her much
when I do its different now
being included in her forwarded jokes
I have joined the ranks of her crowd.

Oh, well. Spose I shan't complain
slither away with not even a riot
but it does hurt to be so edged out
and for conversation to be on a diet.

Del Cano 2004 November

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lean times are hard times, no matter who is involved....

Hugs,
Chris