Tuesday, December 21, 2004

I Cried A Tear With Pleasure

I cried a tear with pleasure
it dropped down my cheek
trickled to the corner of my lip
just for a moment I was bleak.

When the second one fell
felt it slide on down my face
an enlightened joy appeared
your heart has a parking space.

Then they poured down
a storm of wind blown rain
cause we'll never get to meet
at our playground again.

Happy, elated, joy, smiles
sad, frowns, muted cries
no doubt I'll miss you
just big blessed sighs.

We shared each other
and rallied to the end
both knowing, no way
yet learned to pretend.

Now your heart has found
a real spot to hang on to
a place to park its needs
so special a place for you.

I cried a tear with pleasure
I'm happy for you my dear
just sharing this, your bliss
is worth every joyful tear.

Del Cano 2004 December

Dedicated to a very special lady whose heart has found its place.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tears cried in pleasure
are shared all the same
as parking spaces are found
and speak of another's name.

No more wondrous to be shared
than love amongst two friends
as I hope you will remain, my dear
until this lifetime ends....

The playground will always be shared, as poetry has a way of uniting those special souls....

Hugs,
Chris